On Counting What Matters

6:12 AM

Photo from WeHeartit
Reading Waking up in the late dawn missing the last Dawn Mass, missing a good plane fare for summer vacation and having a bad sleep is not one of the things that you don't want to happen on a Christmas eve. Today was supposed to be a day full of cheer and be festive and getting excited to wear your new red dress and admit it, showing it off in a crowd of church goers during the midnight mass. But still, the universe is still the same hairy guy pulling out its tantrums on us and constant mood swings.

I was reading Thanksgiving post from aiaaaa.net and it inspired me to feel grateful. Let's try to scratch that and be on the greener grass. So instead of sticking a middle finger up in the air, why not thank a few things that constantly reminds us how we are extremely blessed.

  • For parents who not only sends us to school but sends "I love you" messages as well.
  • High school buddies who never fails to give abdominal cramps due to excessive laughter
  • College buddies for the copies of American sitcoms, season by season.
  • For indie music that reminds me to be reckless at times.
  • 8Tracks who keeps me up at 3 in the morning.
  • Oh, and you too coffee. Yes I love you too.
  • Cheap airline fares making a poor aspiring traveler's dreams come true.
  • Amusement parks and my undying love for Disney
  • Frank Sinatra Christmas music for giving me the "Christmas with dad" feels.
  • Percy Jackson
  • The existence of tinting lip balm and everything that makes me effortlessly attractive.
  • Ateneo for the wonderful college year
  • Carlos for blabbing so much about you. Even if you're out of topic, he never fails to share what he learns from the internet with his distracting hair.
  • Mitch Albom for the tear-jerking books 
  • For last minute instincts and ending the day with imaginary glass cheers.
  • S&R for everything American.
  • Pizza who understands me at all times.
  • Keepsakes for welcoming me with your cheap buffalo wings.
  • Two Door Cinema Club for making me promise I'd lose my concert virginity to them one day.
  • Java Jive where everything started.
  • The guy playing drums at Timezone playing September which became our song.
  • To every stranger who have been a fiber of my life 
Most things may be shitty, but the sparkles are the ones who always shine bright. Have a Merry Christmas everyone! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog