On Strangers Making a Mark.

8:44 AM

PHOTO FROM X
It was after a late night activity in school when i took a taxi on the way home because I had a lot of big things to carry alone. As usual, this taxi driver was asking me where is my destination and if should we take the fastest route. A little after that he asked me if i had a boyfriend and i said yes then advised me to never ever get into something you're never ready to commit in your life. I initially saw my mother to that man so it was amusing at first. As he continues his story I was all ears during the entire ride.

I guess he's the kind of taxi driver who likes to talk about adulthood and raising up a family but what really struck me was his honest confession how he regret skipping school and getting involved into bad habits of vices while he was young. he wished to go back to school to provide his children greener pastures but somehow has the difficulty of earning it because as he puts it "lisod gyud magbuhi ug pamilya na taxi driver lang imong panginabuhi".

After we arrived I gave him a tip for his dinner and all night I thought of that nice man who just became one of my inspirations. Then i told boyfriend about it and weeks after that incident he encountered another taxi driver with his stories which afterwards made him tear up a bit.

I like listening to stories from real people who has gone through them. every time I listen to those kinds of stories makes me step out of my character and be in one's shoes. it's very often strangers open up their life stories to others and I believe it takes a lot of courage. I know some might not care but  it was something to feel honored about how messages are being spoken through strangers who'd become a little grain in our lives and somehow make a large impact throughout.

One point in that man's life all I ever wish was for him to go to school and continue to move people with his stories.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog