On Future Partners and Gimick Nights

2:39 AM


I was teasing this classmate of mine and at the same time trying to convince him to reveal the person he's been seeing lately. The the next days classmates told me how they finally saw him with this pretty chick and they even added "Pearl kung nakita lang nimo unsa katam-is iyang ngisi" (How he pulled off a sweet smile when they were together.)

The start of my 2014 has been crazy. News spread across the classroom of my friends' "blooming" love chronicles. Some had a good jump start, some bad endings for a few couples who endured for a long time and some have the craziest confessions I'd never expect to hear! It all happened almost at the same time.  Also hearing love chronicles from my high school friends gives me that tingly sensation of happiness and oftentimes disbelief. I see a different version of my friends whenever out from a date or simply in the zone. Sometimes I feel like a mom seeing a child grow up and can't seem to accept the fact their hormones are developing as well thus the sight of a less crappy son.

 Lately I've been starting to imagine my friends and me myself of what we could look like in the future. Settled with a good job, a decent family and our own car. The kind of gimmicks the Ted Mosby and gang are my ideal ones when we get chances to meet each other and storytell our lives after college and talk about college throwbacks over beer.

I'm excited to know the future partners of my friends and know how they met. Not by desperate measures but by accidents like this typical "oops I spilled my drink all over your shirt here's my number we should go out" situation. Coming to weddings and baby showers or christenings bringing gifts of which inside the wrapper are rice cookers and not those cheap potpourri scents you see in 88 peso stores anymore.

I'd just love to see the future versions of ourselves. But they're just situations we see in sitcoms, those things we think is cool and think "hey maybe we should do that when we can". We never know what and where life and opportunities would take us. Maybe, just maybe, my creative and wishful imagination would become a better and more amazing story.

So we might as well just let the future be a mystery box and enjoy the company of the present and talk about school and teenage problems over the synthetic goodness of McDonald's.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog